Home » Digital Photography

How to Do Everything: Digital Camera

Submitted by on December 11, 2009 – 3:53 am9 Comments

How+to+Do+Everything%3A+Digital+Camera

From Library Journal

Although the title is a little overstated, this book does offer a fairly comprehensive introduction to digital photography. Johnson opens by discussing virtually all of the technical essentials of working with one’s camera to make correct exposures and then proceeds to address questions about working with digital film and formats and transferring files. He further explains how to compose and edit photographs on one’s computer, showing how to improve sharpness and contrast, clean up images, use special effects, and blend text with images. The book concludes with helpful chapters on printing one’s photographs and sharing images through e-mail, web pages, and disks. Anyone who works with digital photographs will find this book quite thorough and useful. Recommended for all photography collections in public and academic libraries. Raymond Bial, Parkland Coll. Lib., Champaign, IL
Copyright 2001 Reed Business Information, Inc.
–This text refers to an alternate

Paperback
edition.

How to Do Everything: Digital Camera

9 Comments »

• Levis knitNmama says:

very pleased
    So far I’m finding this book helpful. I’ve only used point and shoot cameras so far and I just purchased my first DSLR and have no experience with SLRs to begin with.

• Brian E. says:

Good overall guide to digital photography
    I like the overall layout, discussing various topics relating to digital photography. Have only read 1/2 the book and have already learned a lot, found new things to try, and new…

• Victor L. Nazaire says:

For Beginners.
    How to Do Everything with Your Digital Camera, Fourth Edition( 2005)will change every beginner into an effective digital camera user.

• D. perkins says:

your digital camera
    Good Digital Camera with all your camera questions answered for boath digital and 35 mm also.

• Roger W. Wells says:

how to do everything with your digital camera 4th ed
    An excerllant book, a little cver my head in a couple of places, but in all, very useful,excellant book…………….

• M. Hansen says:

Look Elsewhere, especially beginners
    This book is so fraught with errors, both technical and otherwise, that I will refrain from listing them all here. (I think another reviewer has already started that list…

• Richard Hixson says:

Best book I’ve read on digital cameras
    This is the best book I have read on digital cameras. Dave has the gift of being able to explain things in very down to earth language.

• Timur Tabi says:

Could be a lot better
    This book is basically has two parts. The first talks about your camera, and the second shows you how to modify your digital pictures on your computer.

• L. Renninger says:

Everything you wanted to know about digital photography . .
    I bought this book for my husband for Christmas. He just recently became entralled with his digital camera, but didn’t know much about it.

Leave a comment!

You must be logged in to post a comment.